About Me

Sunday, December 30, 2007

An email from Brother Sokry

Our stay in Cambodia may just be for 2 weeks, but the bond that the team madewith the local Cambodians was amazing. Brother Sokry, from IMAC is one of them,who had helped us a GREAT deal when we were there. A final yr med student himself, heis also very active in social and community work in Cambodia, to serve the Muslim community in Cambodia.

He would wake up in the early hours (even during our programme, according to the guys) every day to have some time to study, and he even worked during the night I think. Not to forget his involvement in the community services that would take some of his time off for his study.

It amazes me how he could have managed his really hectic life, and his compassion to serving the Muslims in Cambodia is just so inspiring.

Anyway, he was the one who taught me how to 'sunat' (or circumcise) so personally for me, it would be hard to forget him. hehe. He even said I was good at it ..at suturing etc (muke bangga ;p). Jadi next time saya akan lebih bersemangat utk menyunat org... err..apakah??

Anyway, here's an email that I have just received from him, to all our teammates. It's good to know that there are people who are striving for the welfare of the muslims in Cambodia, and yes, all of the CRM team members will always keep Cambodia and its people in our hearts, and will not forget them. We will not forget to offer our prayers (if that's the least that we can do) for the Cambodians, and we wish to continue doing
relief missions in the near future (although I may not be able to join sob sob).

Here's the email:
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Islam, This is brother Him Sokrey, medical student in Cambodia and the acting member of IMAC.

We sincerely praise ALLAH Almighty for His countless blessings and bounties. Let us begin by reminding ourselves to always be God fearing (Fear Allah) in all instances and conditions. Let us believe that only by being God conscious can we then attain success in this world and the hereafter. I you are all, my friends, in the best of health and Iman and always guide by Almighty Allah.

How is your study after back from Cambodia? How do you feel of
Cambodians? I miss you all very much especially those who always keep contact with me by sms and email. ha ha Remember the time we worked together, talked and shared, etc... Zaff and Farharna! In the attachment you will see what you want us, IMAC, to help you for your assignments. And I am very sorry for late doing that. Cuz I was very busy my final exams and Qurban program to the provinces. Hope this still can help you friends. Please try your best for the development of our brothers and sisters in Islam.

I would like to extend my grateful thanks to your group (relief misssion 2007) by pray to Allah to grant us will and power to get maximum benefits out of our activities. Good health, Rahmat, Taofiq, successfully and blessing from Allah are for Muslim in the World, especially for you all. I pray to Almighty Allah to help us all to serve Islam and Muslim. He is the only one God who can help us.

Your brother in Islam,

HIM SOKREY (Shukry bin Amin Ibrahim)

K Iza, Me, and Sokry..sape ntah snap gamba nih?

No comments: