About Me

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Some thoughts, after a long silence

I have again, left this blog dusty.

In which case, I am truly sorry. To anyone who's reading this, and also to myself, for not being able to capture the great and not-so-great moments of my life in this blog. There has been many ups (and some minor downs) in life lately, many things to be learnt from, pointers and constant reminders, in which I am very thankful for.Thank you Allah for the never ending nikmat, for granting me this life. Alhamdulillah

It is almost the end of 2009. Looking back over the years, it seems like only yesterday the year was starting. A year ago, I was this third year medical student struggling to pass the Phase 1 exam, the most horrifying exams ever (well, after finals I suppose). And since then, 1 year has passed and believe it or not, I'm a grown person now [or at least I hope!].

Great events happening in this year are all good memories for me.Being a clinical medical student is an exciting journey indeed, it opened up my eyes to the real world and the real 'thing'. The patients here are very lovely, especially the elderly people. They just love to talk to medical students, knowing that we need to learn to be able to do well. Even here, in Boston, many of the elderly ladies patients whom I've talked to, just love to give me big hugs! hehehe [and one of them thought I was 15 y/o! ;p]

At times, when I look at all these lovely souls, who have been so kind, I can't help but hope that they will one day find the true meaning of life, and find the light of Islam. Because only with Islam, will one be able to find happiness now, and ever after. Only by submitting yourself to the One God, and trying your best to be his Abd, will one be saved from the torment in the afterlife.
And when we know why we are here in this world, only then will we able to manouvre our life better, to seek Allah's redha in everything that we do, so that we won't be led astray.

Insha Allah...
For now, let's show the best example of a Muslim to the people who might not have yet found Islam. Let's show them how beautiful is Islam. Let's be the ambassadors of Islam, by showing them the best example, as has been shown by our great prophet, Muhammad saw. Let's follow his akhlak, and spread Allah's words, and who knows, some hearts may be opened up to Islam by Allah's will...

Take care and have a good week :)

No comments: