About Me

Saturday, February 2, 2008

my dear sisters


I've never thought it was possible before. To love someone whom I've never met before, never talk to before, never crossed path with ..EVER before in life. But of course, with God's Grace and Willing, nothing is actually ever impossible. And that's the wonder of it all: To meet a person, and to love,(& a heartfelt one at that), all because of Him.

"The Russians invaded Leicester last week." Hehe.. Well, they did. Perhaps not all of Leicester, but 1 Hazel Street they did. They are some Malaysian students coming all the way from Moscow and Volgograd(excuse me if the spelling is incorrect, it's hard enough to pronounce it right!) on a tour around UK and Ireland for 10 days. And my housemates and I have got the privilege to become one of their hosts when they come to visit us in Leicester.

And yes, it was a wonderful experience. Even more than words can describe. It was ever more so meaningful as we know that, what has brought us together are this strong faith and the yearning for knowledge of Islam. And also knowing that those are the reasons that we were able to meet and get to know each other. It was great to be able to share experiences, to share laughter and smiles, to touch these pure hearts...all for the sake of Allah.

As one sister has put it, the only way you can feel the meaning of ukhuwah fillah is to, feel by being part of it yourself. As no words are actually enough to describe it.

And now, the littlest thing that I do just reminds me of these beautiful sisters so much!

As I cross the Nelson Mandela Park, I would smile at the thought of us stopping by to take pictures of the wintry leafless Park.

As I switch the lights to prepare for sleep, I would remember those cute adek2 wishing me "Good night kak maaii" as I bid them good night, sleep tight :)

As I look at these books on tarbiyah, I would remember the adek2 who would not go out for sightseeing because they would like to read and finish the book. They'd sacrifice 'jalan2' for the sake of that knowledge.

Even the thought of Maryland (a fast food outlet in Leicester) reminds me of them. Of how 19 of them could fit in the small store, and how excited they were to taste those finger-licking, (and very2 oily!) chicken wings. Not easy to get anywhere else I guess. ;p

Thank you sisters for brightening up my days. Thank you sisters for showing me the meaning of true ukhuwah fillah. Thank you dear sisters.


"Perjuangan itu artinya berkorban
Berkorban itu artinya terkorban
Janganlah gentar untuk berjuang
Demi agama dan bangsa
Inilah jalan kita."


sebenarnye..saya rindu akan akhawat2 dari rusia itu. bole tak siapa2 sampaikan salam rindu sy pada mereka di sana? pls?
[pelik kan mcm mana walau cuma sehari berjumpa tp rasa seperti sudah setahun berkenalan]

No comments: