About Me

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Cambodia here I come!

heya salam
it has been a hectic few days for me, and it's gonna be even hectic-er(if there's any such word!) by towards the end of the week. But Alhamdulillah I'm thankful that my time is occupied doing things that I do enjoy and more importantly, because it is a little bit of something that I can at least contribute to the community, to the people around me and to my religion. :)

So neways, yesterday I just attended the Cambodia Relief Mission committee meeting in Cyberjaya University of Medical Sciences (CUCMS). It's a waaayy cool university, like really modern and everything. All the designs in there makes me go...woahh cool place for a uni! We had a few matters needed to be discussed in preparation for the Mission which will be held this next Monday..OMG I can't wait! I'm really thrilled about the whole thing.. and the team members, although for some of us, that was the first time of ever meeting face-to-face, I can say, I can already smell the team spirit! The girls especially are all very nice.. so yeah I'm really looking fwd to working with them!

I guess the highlight of the meeting was the 'latihan sunat' or circumcision. We were taught by the 2nd year CUCMS students,who had done numerous sunathon activities. They are already like, very professional doing it, as they are exposed with these activites guided by Dr Latiff and his team. And they're all very friendly and bersabar with us yang terkial2 nak jahit sutures during that sunat practice to kan. Ala, first time what! But nevertheless it's a good experience to know the steps to sunat people, he he. I actually enjoyed it, (err I mean, the whole surgery-experience thing!) so yeah, perhaps becoming a surgeon may be a future for me? Hmm... who knows right?

Lastly, I plead to anyone who's reading this, come on and help to donate in this charity. (do contact me for more info on how to.) You can donate however much amount that you wish, but the most important thing is not to lose this opportunity to contribute to our amalan and ibadat. Bukankah sedekah itu sangat2 besar pahalanye kalau kita ikhlas? Maybe this time it is us who help these people, but maybe one day, who knows...it may be our turn to need help from other people, right? What more, we as Muslims especially must take this chance to help our own brothers and sisters in Islam.. right? May Allah bless us all in our deeds..insyaAllah!

and yeah, one more! The head of the project made his debut on tv (his first la kot kan?) regarding this Cambodia Mission..he was interviewed on RTM today!! heheh bangga pulak walaupun bukan saya yg masuk. you can view it here

http://cambodiareliefmission07.blogspot.com

okeh that's all folks,(& saya ade no baru anyway, tp dah lupe la tak hafal lg..haha.. )
salaam!

No comments: