About Me

Friday, June 15, 2007

the sweet smell of freedom

Alhamdulillah, all the exams have finally ended. It was definitely one of the longest 3 weeks ever in my life. But I'm just glad it's over. Can't really say how I did, but I'm just praying to Allah that He will help me, and help us all. Now it's time for tawakkal saja....

Since I have finally tasted the air of freedom, I have now figured like.. a zillion things that I'm going to do now. For a start, perhaps finishing those novels that I bought at the carboot is a good idea. And I really wanna finish the book on the Prophet's biography: A Sealed Nectar, too. Never really got a chance to finish it, and people have been saying that it's one of the best book ever written about the prophet PBUH.

InsyaAllah, if everything goes great, and if I get to go back home ( yup...to be more specific: if I pass all my exams), some very super special projects are waiting for me at home. One of it is the Cambodia Relief Mission 2007, happening around the end of July. This is a special relief mission project organised by the Islamic Medical Association Malaysia (IMAM) of UK-Eire where about 20 medical students make a special trip to Cambodia to serve the local community. We're planning on doing mobile clinics, 'sunat'ing kids, health talk, and some others, for about emm..2 weeks. Can't wait for it! Am really anticipating these experience ...think about all the people that I'll be meeting, all the doctors that are going to be involved, and the experience of working with other med students. It's going to be great!!

I am now just going to make some more research on Cambodia, to have a feel of what it is like. So far, I know that there are Muslims there, but most of them are living in poverty. The seniors who went last year even said that some of the children can be seen around the village without any clothes to wear. And the people of Cambodia have been suffering from drought in the last few years, making their economic even worse. And if you look at their history too, this country has been experiencing civil war previously, that has affected many lives and their country as a whole. Well, so yeah, you get the idea. So, I'm just going to finish some reading and probably post more about it later..right...

-meanwhile, was blog-hopping and found this really sweet poem, just thought I might share it here =D -

A prayer

"O’ Allah, Dear Love,
Soothe burning hearts with the coolness of faith,
Give peaceful slumber to the restless,
And serenity to disturbed souls,
Guide the confused ones to Your light,
And those that are astray to Your guidance,
Remove evil whispers from our hearts,
And replace them with light,
Destroy falsehood with truth,
Crush the evil plots of the Devil
With Your Army of Angels,
Remove from us misery, affliction, and anxiety






Dah tak ingat which blog was this taken from (and without permission somemore!)....hihi thanks yeaa~



SalAm.... ;)

No comments: