About Me

Monday, June 4, 2007

-exam season-

it's that time of the year again. ie the most torturous 3 weeks of the 2nd sem at med-school! oh well, it's the examinations season again, it is that time when medic students don't get enough sleep, not enough food, not enough sunshine (reason: mobility is usually restricted, only in the house or in front of the desk or....on the bed?)...walking around like zombies trying to memorize every minute detail, word-by-word of the for example, the clinically oriented anatomy book, which is like 2 inches thick. so now it's time to scream : aaaaaaaa. ok sorry. won't do it again.

Well, at least we're half way through. Just finished the musculoskeletal exam, yes..THE musculoskeletal exam, the one and only. the most 'beloved' subject of them all, reason? This is when you fill whatever brain cells you still have in the brain with details of what's inside your arm, your hand, your legs. a lot of memorizing for this. Cram everything inside the brain. (Screams again) Oh ya Allah, forgive me when I whine...

But honestly, I think I do enjoy learning these subjects, apart from the needing-to-memorize every-single-thing part. It is really, seriously amazing, how the body is being made into what we see today. Underneath the skin, there are so many structures and details that may be small, but has so much importance to the whole system. And it's really fascinating that each of our movements..in the arms, fingers etc has its very own individual system, eg to flex or to extend etc. But most of us tend to take these for granted, we never take some time to actually think of these wonders, and to be grateful for these little things. And to think of how great the Creator is for all of these? No man can ever do this, can we? It just shows how small we are compared to Him. So have you or me, take some time today to reflect on all this, to do some muhasabah? Are we grateful servants or are we taking all these for granted?

"Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you deny?" --ArRahman

2 more written papers and 1 OSCPE to go. It is only in Allah that I pray that I will be given strength to go on, pray to Him to let me excel in these. Do make prayers for me and for the rest of leicesterians.... caiyok!!

1 comment:

Arifah said...

Ooohh. Cool book. You got me hooked. Next time I go to mph, Im gonna get this book, definitely! Hehhe.

I noticed the word medical student in one of previous entries. Looks like we're in the same boat! =D
And if I'm not mistaken one of my schoolmate is in the same institution as you are. Kenal Amirah Razali tak? Chinese look. Kalau tak, maknenye salah tempat la, ngehngeh, tapi kat UK gak la.

I'm in UPM btw. Seronoknye dapat pegi Cambodia. Alhamdulillah. Dapatkan sebanyak pengalaman yg mungkin tau, nanti kene balik berbakti kepada ummah di Malaysia! =)