About Me

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Animation: My real destiny?

alhamdulillah. even after a week of silence from blogging, let it be known that i'm still alive and breathing. he he. reason of this sudden disappearing act? ehem ehem, i am now a 'professional' (so-called!) animator in a studio in KL. Yeah, really, don't believe me? I've landed a job .. a real but temporary job (plus a great salary some more!) . A job for 2 weeks with the animator team to finish the animation 'Badang' for RTM1 viewers. Cool, eh? Maybe this is what I am destined for..maybe this is my actual dream all along, all this while...Hm.. nah, don't think so. Trapped in a studio office from 9am to 5 pm is not really my idea of an ideal job, I guess. For these 2 weeks it's still allright. But not for the rest of the days of my life! So, yeah, I'm contented with the path that I take- a future doctor- where I'll not just be in an office in front of a PC, but going out, meeting people from all different walks of life etc.

But really, it is very interesting indeed working in the animation studio. Apart from the strained eyes after a day's job, there's really nothing to complaint about. My job is to paint the cartoon scanned on the PC, using a software similar like 'Paint'. Easy peasy. No university qualification on animation or any background experience/base needed. Just drag and paint. Drag and paint. Drag an paint. Again and again. But hehe at times, I can't deny it can be a bit irritating trying to paint all of those, which never seem to end! Endless!! But then, it's still allright I guess. People pay you for that, so really you can't complain, can you?

Actually back to my previous entries, on the Cambodia Mission, well, there's still so much to tell, so much to write about. We've not even come to the part where we all went to the kampongs and meet the villagers, and do the mobile clinic and sunathon thingy! I needed to write it down for myself actually just as a reminder of these things that I've been through, and hopefully it will remind me time and time again, that there are so many people in the world out there who are not as fortunate as us, and they are still there, waiting for some help, even after we've been back here safe and sound in our own country. So really, everything that we do, every job that we take, every money that we obtain should somehow be contributed to them, because they needed it. And hopefully with all these writings, some people out there would be inspired or something, and perhaps give a helping hand to those who needed it..well who knows right? Allright, signing off now..tata!

Salaam

No comments: