About Me

Monday, August 6, 2007

I think I've left a piece of my heart in Cambodia

It's been a few days now since I left Cambodia. The beautiful memories of our journey and the many exciting adventures are things that I feel would be hard to erase from my mind for as long as I live. I've seen so much. I've learnt much more and I feel I've matured in the process. So I am happy to say that the whole 12 days of the trip was worth all the time we've prepared for it, worth all the cash spent on it, and hopefully it has succeeded in reaching its aim to make a difference in other people's lives, insyaAllah.
Pic: The Cambodia Relief Mission 07 Team... thanks to all for making it all happen!

Anyway, I was really meaning to share and recount the experience that I've had in this little blog of mine, but then again, there are actually too many things to be said and I don't even know where to start!! hehe boleh ke mcm tu? I want to share the experience of our tasks there: mobile clinics, sunathon, and of meeting the villagers of the kampung (sambutan meriah btul! hehe) , and of the lives of the Cambodians during the Khmer Rouge (Pol Pot time) which has weakened the country even more, and of the Malay Champa I've met in Cambodia, of their strong faith to Islam, and also of our own adventure exploring Angkor Wat and emm shopping!! InsyaAllah will be writing all about them in these few days :)

Till then salam!!

No comments: